Are you unhappy with your skin and want radiant, beautiful skin? Are you having trouble managing dry skin or oily skin? Have been experiencing skin problems or been diagnosed with a skin condition? Here is all you need to know about skin care and skincare solutions. If you want to look naturally beautiful, you must take good care of your skin. This skin care section gives you insight on several skin-related topics, including skin care tips, taking care of skin, skincare treatments, prevent skin problems and more. In addition, there is more such as habits for better skin care, skin care essentials and how to improve your complexion.
Common Skin Problems
- Acne- Acne breakouts are very common with people with oily skin types. These are also related to hormonal imbalance.
- Eczema or atopic dermatitis- This skin condition is mostly seen in children and is characterized by itchy and dry skin. It is mostly caused in skin areas with creases. It can also be caused due to allergies.
- Hives- Bug bites, food allergies, bee sting and medication commonly cause hives. It causes red, raised and itchy skin on the affected part.
- Sunburn- This is very common during the summer season as the skin is exposed to harsh sunlight.
Skin Care Dos’
Cleanse your skin daily
Properly clean your face daily using a chemical-free facial cleanser. Use scrubs 2-3 times a week to exfoliate the skin and get rid of dead cells, blackheads and whiteheads. It is better to wash your face in the morning and before going to bed to eliminate all the dirt and debris.
Moisturize the skin
Don’t forget to moisturize the face with a good moisturiser or face cream. This keeps the skin hydrated and prevents dryness. A lot of people miss out on this important step that sets the stage for most problems. Along with the face, moisturise your body also.
Use face masks and face packs
To enhance the beauty and feed additional nutrients to the skin, use homemade face masks or face packs. You can use various fruits and vegetables to make face packs.
Use sunscreen to prevent tanning
To prevent sun damage, you must apply sun protection before going out. Also, this is not mandatory for just summers but all seasons as UV damage can happen on any day. This step also reduces the risk of skin cancer. You can also buy a moisturiser with SPF for double benefits.
Cover your hair in the sun
Either wear a hat or cover your hair with a scarf in the sun. This reduces hair damage and prevents scalp issues. Wearing a wide hat also covers the face to negate aging effects.
Follow healthy lifestyle
Eating healthy and adopting healthy lifestyle habits can work in your skin’s favour. It would keep the skin look youthful and glowing for many years. Drink a lot of water throughout the day to manage hydration levels and keep the skin soft and supple.
Skin care Don’ts
- Don’t sleep with makeup on
- Always wipe off your makeup and cleanse the face properly before going to bed. The makeup residues may enter the pores and clog them. Use makeup removing wipes or micellar water to clean the face.
- Don’t pop pimples
- No matter how much you want to, never pop the pimple. It contains pus that may spread to the nearby skin and aggravate your acne condition. It may even cause scabbing.
- Don’t smoke or drink
- To maintain healthy skin, stop smoking and alcohol consumption. Cigarettes have tobacco that causes skin discolouration and dry out the skin.